FRESH FROM THE FARM: HEALTHY FUNDRAISING FOR ONTARIO SCHOOLS
Welcome to Fresh from the Farm: Healthy Fundraising for Ontario Schools!
Since Fresh from the Farm’s launch five years ago 1165 Ontario schools have collectively distributed over 2.7 M pounds of fresh, Ontario-grown fruit and vegetables to Ontario families. Schools have raised over $1.1 M for school initiatives.
Why is Fresh from the Farm so successful?
- Fresh from the Farm is the only school fundraiser – eligible to over 5000 schools - selling Ontario-grown fruit and vegetables
- Provides 40% profit for schools
- Supports a healthy school environment and opportunities for learning about agri-food and healthy eating in the classroom
- Contributes to the local economy and promotes our Ontario growers
- Aligns with Ontario’s School Food and Beverage Policy and Ontario’s Local Food Act, 2013
Who can participate?
- All publicly funded ON schools are eligible to participate.*
What Ontario-grown products are sold?
- Fresh Ontario-grown fruit and vegetables (items and selling price to be available in April 2018)
What’s the timeline?
- Key dates will be available in April 2018.
* Due to geographical limitations, a small number of schools in the northern regions of ON are not eligible to participate; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.