FRESH FROM THE FARM: HEALTHY FUNDRAISING FOR ONTARIO SCHOOLS
Welcome to Fresh from the Farm: Healthy Fundraising for Ontario Schools!
Since Fresh from the Farm’s launch in 2013, 1165 schools have raised over $1.1 million for school initiatives, selling 2.7 million lb of fresh Ontario-grown fruit and vegetables to Ontario families.
Why is Fresh from the Farm so successful?
- Fresh from the Farm is the only school fundraiser eligible to all Ontario’s publicly funded schools, selling Ontario-grown fruit and vegetables.
- Provides schools a profitable fundraising model that aligns with Ontario’s School Food and Beverage Policy thereby enabling a more supportive nutrition environment
- Provides opportunities for introducing the related topics of agriculture, food, and healthy eating into the school environment
- Benefits Ontario farmers and stimulates the provincial economy through the promotion and sales of fresh, Ontario fruit and vegetables, and,
- Supports higher achievement of children and youth by promoting health and well-being through the increased consumption of fruit and vegetables within the family home.
Who can participate this September 2019?
- All publicly funded ON schools are eligible to participate.
- First Nation Schools are eligible to participate.
What Ontario-grown products are sold?
- $14 Vegetable Bundle contains: 5 lb potatoes, 3 lb carrots, 3 lb onions, 3 lb sweet potatoes
- $15 Apple Bundle contains: 8 lb Empire apples
What profit does the school make?
- 40% of total sales
- A school selling an average of 150 Vegetable Bundle and 60 Apple Bundle makes a profit of $1200
- Highest volume school in 2017 made profit of almost $10,000
What's the timeline?
- Enrol May 6 until September 27
- Fundraise beginning September 3
- Submit order by October 11
- Bundles delivered November 4-December 5